Unhealthy Air


Mold in your home can have devastating effects on your health. Mold releases a variety of allergens, irritants, and mycotoxins that can contaminate the air that you breathe. The symptoms listed below could be caused by mold growth in or around your home or business.

1. Recurring Headaches

2. Difficulty Breathing, Asthma, or Respiratory Infections

3. Excessive Coughing or The Feeling of Not Getting Enough Air

4. Repeated Congestion or Sinus Infections

5. Dizziness, Confusion or Malaise

6. Skin Irritation or Rash

7. Ear and Eye Infections

The severity of the possible symptoms varies greatly and is greatly influenced by age, type of mold, amount of mold, and past medical history. Molds take effect on everybody differently. A mold may be ineffective to you, but to someone else, it could be lethal, and vice versa. There is a huge myth that only Stachybotrys aka "Black Mold" is harmful when in reality, any mold has the potential to wreak havoc on your health.

What to Do If You Experience Any of These Symptoms


First order of business is to call your doctor and schedule an appointment to get checked out. Whether the problem is caused by mold or not, your health could be in danger. Once you have scheduled a doctors appointment, do your best to pinpoint the cause of any of your symptoms. Check for water leaks around your home and check any areas that are susceptible to containing moisture such as your bathroom and laundry room. If a recent construction job was done in your home, be sure to check these areas for anything that looks out of the ordinary. If you are able to pinpoint the problem and it turns out to be mold-related or if you were unable to find the problem, give us a call!


Molds can release irritants into the air and cause respiratory problems for anyone breathing the air. If you have a history of asthma, these irritants can instigate the problem, making you susceptible to asthma attacks and respiratory problems.

Allergic Reactions

A person may have an unknown sensitivity to mold and unfortunately, most people find this out after being exposed to the mold. Symptoms of allergic reactions can be, sneezing, fever puffy eyes and nose, and/or skin rashes.


Molds can release chemicals known as mycotoxins. These mycotoxins are metabolites that fungi release into the air. Breathing these mycotoxins leaves you susceptible to liver damage, mucous membrane irritation, skin rashes, nausea, and/or cancer.

© 2019 by iMold Consultants. 

Proudly created by Adapt Media.